Living with Fido:
the behavioural benefits of nosework
Sunday 22 January 2017 at 19:00 hours GMT/UTC
This webinar will discuss the behavioural bene ts of nosework for reactive dogs and those lacking confidence. The webinar will cover the following:
- Exploration of the science behind the dog’s “equipment” and learn why using olfaction has such a positive impact on a dog’s wellbeing
- Discuss specific cases of dogs transforming due to nosework:
- – meet the “fragile little flower” Judd who transformed into one of the top nosework trial dogs in the country.
– meet Why, a dog-reactive and low confidence rescue dog who shook off his reactivity and gained confidence.
- Teach the practical approach (the “how”) to gaining a dog’s confidence and lowering reactivity.
Stacy lives in New Jersey with her Labrador, Standard Poodle and Miniature American Shepherd. Although she competes in many dog sports, her true love and passion are scent sports – primarily Nosework. She competes across the United States and Canada in NACSW, UKC, PSD and SDDA competitions and has earned many ‘High In Trials’ and top three placements. Judd, her Labrador, is currently ranked in the top 40 dogs in the country in NACSW Elite Division and was the second dog to earn the title Elite Division 3 (ELT3). Stacy is also a performance scent dogs (PSD) judge, a sought after clinician with seminar bookings worldwide and an instructor at the Fenzi Dog Sports Academy. She teaches her philosophies with kindness, compassion and experience.
Stacy is the author of the popular blog Scentsabilities Nosework and hosts the only podcast dedicated solely to Nosework. Stacy has experience with all breeds and temperaments.
|BB of Nosework by Stacy Barnett|
Webinar fee £15.00 GBP
Recording only £15.00 GBP
ICB Discounted member fee £10.00 GBP
|Name of person attending webinar|